Thursday, August 30, 2012

Filling in the blanks...

Ok, a lot happened between the first gas doc meeting and now, but i will just hit the highlights and maybe go over stuff later on if i remember it and it seems important.

On a second meeting with my doc, she wanted me to get a upper GI.  I was not sure exactly how this worked, since i have never had one before. Honestly my experience with doctors and hospitals has been very limited in my life. I had times where i saw a doc for a bit, then would not need them for years. I ran on the impression, if i felt healthy, why bother , spend $100 just for them to tell me i was fine.

Day of the upper GI.  We arrive at the hospital, check in and sit and wait. I have to admit i was nervous. Not a fan of not being in control and trusting others.  I have a real issue with it.  But they just called my name, what can ya do.  So i am loaded onto a gurney and wheeled back to the room. I kind of recognise the doctor, there are 2 of them, one male and one female, i have only seen the male doctor in a brief meeting. we get into the room and they ask me if i am ready.  The doc injects the knock out drink into the tube in my arm and the nurse asked me to roll over on my side.   To this day i am not sure if i ever made it on my side or not, things went black fast. Next thing i know i am in a waiting area with curtains, a nurses desk at the end my wife by the end of the bed and a nurse standing up behind the counter saying "wow he is waking up fast."

So now i have some pictures of my throat and passage way's. 

next meeting with my doc she suggests that i get a MRI. So she set's the date and makes sure everything is ready.

I show up to the hospital, taken in a section with a few people in there with i'v's in their arms, others leaving, and they get me going. They give me 2 cups of warm watter with med's in it for contrast and tell me to drink all of it.  YUCK!  They could of at least put ice in it, or kept it in the fridge for a little while. So 30 min later i have it all down and they lead me back.

Lay me down in the machine and take their pictures.  after completed i had to wait 30 min before i could leave so they could monitor for any adverse reactions to the contrast.

So my wife and i are sitting there playing on my laptop and i over hear 2 of the workers talking, one said to the other "we better get this off to the doc before this liver gives out".  Talk about making a person nervous.

My doc's did not say much about the mri so it must of been as expected. I am still not sure if that is good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment