Thursday, August 30, 2012

Working on things, but getting no where.

My doc told me that later on i would need to do some fund raisers to have enough money for things that insurance and medicare did not cover.  So i have been working on that aspect of it, while i am alert and able to.

My problem is i don't want to do anything that will cause a problem and make the money i get each month from disability to stop. So i have spent a LOT of time online doing research.

There are a few ways that this could work, but i have no idea which is the correct way that is approved by disability.

One is to set up a "special Needs trust fund" this will allow me to raise as much money as i can, without counting as income and affecting my disability.

The other  i was told that fund raisers do not count as 'income' there for wont effect anything.

But call me a stickler i want to find out for sure which is true. I am currently working with legal aid to try to get to the bottom and figure out what i need to do, then i will move on to the actual aspects of fund raising.
I have a lot of ideas that many have suggested, and a few of my own.

But until i know for sure, i can not do anything, because there is to much at risk to find out later on i did a ooops and disqualified myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment